Position: Program Manager, JA BizTown
We are looking for a new member of our team that has a natural ability to problem-solve, lead, and works well within a team. You’ll work full-time coordinating with teachers to implement our experiential JA BizTown , which guide students through our experiential simulations where they spend a day-in-the-life running our student-sized town and economy. You will market store fronts to the business communities for sponsorship. We’ll want you to think big, we’ll want you to think small, and sometimes we’ll just want you to do it. Some days are a breeze, some days a little harder; every day you and your teammates will be changing lives. You will report to the VP of Programmes in implementing your role.
Report To: Vice President of Programs
Direct Reports: BizTown Associates/Programme Assistant
Implements and manages special programmes for Junior Achievement Jamaica. This includes all administrative procedures and coordination to engage, train and monitor schools for JA BizTown programme. The position includes increasing public awareness for all programmes, plans methods of recognition, assures programme quality and expansion, maintains strong school relations, develops yearly planning calendar for the programmes.
JA BizTown Manager position includes but is not limited only to:
- Lead JA BizTown implementation.
- Ensure the JA BizTown facility is prepared and stocked for daily student visits.
- Facilitate training for teacher program delivery and day-of volunteers.
- Lead school communication for sign-up and scheduling of visits.
- Ensure schools have completed all aspects of programme.
- Monitor the safety of youth while at JA BizTown facility.
- Develop and implement methods of volunteer recognition, i.e., planning logistics of event(s); informing consultants, teachers, school administrators and business executives of event; planning and distributing appreciation materials.
- Assist in developing a yearly calendar for the department that includes timetables, procedures and responsibilities to be accomplished.
- Manage programme department records in line with organizational standards and financial objectives.
- Marketing of brand, sales, and fundraising.
- Responsible for departmental plans to increase public awareness of JA programmes.
- Assist all programme related Board Committees so the goals of the Board can be achieved.
- Direct preparation of materials for Board and Committee meetings.
- Maintains program records and documentation (i.e. attendance, statistics)
- Manages program budgets
- Submits reports to the President as required
- Upholds all policies and standards outlined by the organization
- Participate in regular staff meetings, OH&S, and any other relevant committees
- Supervises, supports, and provides regular feedback and coaching to support staff
- Trains and orientates staff on delivery of programs
- Interviews and selects employees and volunteers as required
- Prepares schedules for support staff shifts in designated programs, assigns tasks as appropriate
- Participates in the formal performance evaluation processes in conjunction with President
- Deals with situations that require disciplining staff members
- Enforces policies and procedures including safe work practices
- Acts as a role model by displaying professional, appropriate, and responsible behavior as a guide to staff and clients
- Reports and/or refers any significant events, situations, discrepancies, and unethical behavior or procedures to the President
Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Education or related field
- Commitment to volunteerism
- Project Management Training
- 3 to 5 years of experience in education or business and/or familiarity with area schools and businesses
- Effectively applies decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with individuals and groups
- Establishes and maintains effective interpersonal peers/professional relationships
- Ability to listen and respond to verbal and nonverbal messages
- Consistently demonstrates dignity and respect when interacting with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to use relevant software programs (i.e. Microsoft Suite)
- A valid and current driver’s license [and reliable vehicle if required]
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check prior to employment
- Be available to respond to emergency needs as required
Standard hours of work